At Nit Boss, LLC we understand the importance of using all-natural, pesticide-free, safe and effective lice removal products.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Upon arrival, one of our skilled technicians will perform a thorough check for head lice. If nits/lice are detected, the technician will proceed to do an initial comb out, the safest and most effective method, using all natural products.
We will need a small, well lit area to work, inside or outside. We’ll bring everything necessary to get the job done, right down to the trash bags. The only thing we ask you to provide is access to a sink.
The lice and nit removal process typically takes 2 hours, but may take longer, depending on length of hair and degree of infestation. After the initial treatment, a follow up visit is highly recommended in 7 days for a visual inspection and follow-up comb out and to verify no re-infestation has occurred.
We will provide a Letter of Treatment for your child’s school.
PREPARING FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT
- Wash child’s hair the night before, NO gel, hairspray or other hair products should be applied to the child’s hair.
- Please brush and de-tangle child’s hair before treatment.
- Prepare a place with good lighting
- If your child is fidgety a laptop or Ipad will be helpful to keep them occupied during treatment.
- We will make every effort to make your child comfortable. Child will be seated for approximately 2 hours. Small children may want a favorite book, DVD or video game, please feel free to use it.
We strongly encourage all family members to be available for head lice checks.
AFTER TREATMENT CARE
The Nit Boss, LLC mission is to leave your home lice-free so you can get your lives back to normal. The Nit Boss, LLC head lice treatment service is centered around convenience and education. Since we deliver our treatments in the comfort and convenience of your own home, to put your family at ease, this allows you to stay productive as we educate you on what you need to do around your home to ensure the lice is gone and stays gone.
Washing, soaking, or drying items at a temperature greater than 130°F can kill both head lice and nits. Only items that have been in contact with the head of the infested person within the last 24 hours prior to treatment by Nit Boss, LLC should be considered for cleaning.
- Remove comforters/bedspreads, bed linens, towels and pajamas used by the infested person and replace with clean bedding and pajamas. Put used bedding and pajamas in the wash and dry them on hot temperatures for 30 minutes.
- Throw a clean blanket or sheet over couches, chairs, car seats and any other upholstered surfaces infested person has come in contact with within the last 24 hours. You can also lightly vacuum these surfaces. Vacuum (your normal vacuuming routine) carpets and floors.
- If your child sleeps with a stuffed animal or blanket, place it in a hot dryer for 30 minutes.
Clean combs, brushes, and hair ties used in the last 24 hours in any ONE of the following ways:
- Place in alcohol or ammonia and allow them to soak for a minimum of two hours.
- Put into boiling water for 15 minutes.
- Put in a Ziploc bag for 24 hours.
- Wash in dishwasher on a hot cycle.
- Use a hair dryer after shampooing hair.
- Put hair in a pony tail or bun.
Use a lice preventative shampoo and a lice deterrent spray.